Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cedric Gracia Interview

Cedric is one of my favorite riders. He is French, which is awesome, funny and a very talented rider. I got a chance to ask him some questions recently and this is what he had to say.

Check out what he's been up too.

The Cedric Gracia Interview.


Name 
Cedric GRACIA

Location 
Andorra

Sponsors 
COMMENCAL – OAKLEY – Six Six One – BELL – VALLNORD Bike Park

How long have you been riding for? 
I started riding a long time ago with BMX and eventually I got into Mountain bikes.

White or Whole Wheat bread? 
White for sure.


What's your favorite beer? 
Hoeagarden is the best!

What was the first MTB you had? 
Sunn 5000R

What or who got you into MTB? 
Some friends in Chamonix told me to give it a try and I've been enjoying it ever since.

What is it like riding for your sponsors? 
I am proud to be riding for them for sure, they are a huge part of my career and I try to give back to them whenever I can.

How do you feel about your riding this year? 
I am happy with this year's 4cross as I finished 4th overall in 4cross and that's after my injuries from last year. I am happy for sure.

What or where is your favorite place or trail to ride? 
Vallnord, the bike park in Andorra right near where I live. 

What do you hate about the biking scene currently and is there anything you would change? 
I love what Freecaster is doing for our sports!

How do you feel about all these light weight parts that are coming out? 
As long as they don't put you in a position to get hurt from a crash due to them failing, then I'm ok with them. But if they are dangerous, then obviously I'm not ok with them.

How do you feel about the Canadian riding scene compared to the French riding scene?
Lately riders in Canada are getting really strong. I am not surprise because the terrain in Canada is fantastic. For example have a look at the Whistler terrain!

How would you compare the European riding scene to the rest of the world's riding scene? 
I think we are OK, but the US and the Australian's are getting really strong. Also look at South Africa with Minnaar.

What are your views on BMX'ing? 
I loved seeing it at the Olympic games, I think this was really good for the sport. What a show compared to that gay beach volley ball.

What do you think about the current trends in mountain biking? 
Well I'm too sure about all the riders going to wide bars. Just not too sure mate.

 
Cedric on his Commencal

What are some issues that you face when riding or racing? 
Pretty much just this - Should I race or have fun?

What do you like to do outside of riding? 
Taking care of furious agency, my sport marketing agency as well as my bar of course and now my bike shop.

What are some of the more serious injuries you've got from riding your bike? 
Destroying my wrist last year in Fort William was as close to tragic as I'd ever want. I'm glad it's come so far since then.

Anything big going on with your sponsors? 
All the time, we're always trying to make things better and before anyone else, like everybody else I guess in this sport.

What are your views on slopestyle? 
I think it's good, but lately things are not changing, same tricks and similar courses. I'd like to see more evolution and change.

What do you think of racing, and where do you see it heading in the future? 
I obviously think racing is fantastic but I can see and I feel that the people are not too crazy about it. Maybe tired of competing all their life at work?

Why do you pick on Lopes all the time? 
Because he does the same to me all the time, that and we're good friends.

Have you ever considered giving up riding? 
Never I love this sport!

If you were not riding, what would you be doing? 
Doing another sport I guess. I'm an active person and I really enjoy being outside. 

What do you think about all the kids progressing so fast? 
It's good for sure, but difficult at the same time because now I have to train more to stay ahead or even keep up.

Is there anything you still want to learn on your bike? 
Every time I go riding, I learn something new about myself and biking.

What would you like to accomplish in the next 5 or so years? 
I'd like to do so many things, but I don't know if I will have time for everything. Never enough time to do it all.

Who or what are some influences on your life? 
My family for sure and my friends at home, they mean a lot to me.

Anyone you want to thank? 
All my sponsors this year. Without them I couldn't have come back this year after my accident, thanks for the support and see you in Vegas!

Cedric's Furious Agency 
http://www.cedricgracia.com/

Any last words? 
Be careful Vegas I am coming to party!

~Ryan/Dotca

No comments: